India to host Delhi Regional Security Dialogue on Afghanistan to review security situation in region
Iran, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan will participate
India will host the ‘Delhi Regional Security Dialogue on Afghanistan’ on Wednesday (November 10) to review the security situation in the region arising from recent developments in Afghanistan.
The Dialogue will be held at the level of National Security Advisers or Secretaries of Security Councils and will be chaired by National Security Adviser Ajit Doval, said a statement of the Ministry of External Affairs on Monday.
The first two editions of the Dialogue were hosted by the Islamic Republic of Iran in 2018 and 2019.
The Delhi Regional Security Dialogue on Afghanistan will witness an expanded participation of Iran, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan, who will all be represented by their respective National Security Advisers or Secretaries of the Security Councils.
Stating that the high level Dialogue will review the security situation in the region arising from recent developments in Afghanistan, the MEA said it will deliberate upon measures to address the relevant security challenges and support the people of Afghanistan in promoting peace, security and stability.
India has traditionally enjoyed close and friendly ties with the people of Afghanistan and has called for a unified international response to address the security and humanitarian challenges facing Afghanistan..
The forthcoming meeting is a step in that direction, the MEA statement added.
The participating countries will be represented by:
* Iran - Rear Admiral Ali Shamkhani¸ Secretary, Supreme National Security Council
* Kazakhstan - Karim Massimov, Chairman of National Security Committee
* Kyrgyzstan - Marat Mukanovich Imankulov, Secretary of the Security Council of Kyrgyz Republic
* Russia - Nikolai P. Patrushev, Secretary of the Security Council of the Russian Federation
* Tajikistan - Nasrullo Rahmatjon Mahmudzoda, Secretary, Security Council of Tajikistan
* Turkmenistan - Charymyrat Kakalyyevvich Amavov, Deputy Chairman of Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan on Security & Secretary, State Security Council
* Uzbekistan - Victor Makhmudov, Secretary of the Security Council under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan